1855 - 1930
He is the son of Charles Huot and Aurélie Drolet (siblings: Albert, Gaspard, White, Eva Marie, Augustine, Eugénie). He attended college in Sainte-Anne-de-la-Pocatière and the Ecole Normale Laval in Quebec and then moved to Paris in 1874 to take courses at the School of Fine Arts in the studio of Alexandre Cabanel . The young painter participated in numerous exhibitions in France and was noticed, especially in 1878 when the French government buys The Good Samaritan (currently Tavet Museum in Pontoise).
Request for informations
August 15, 1885, he married Karoline Luise Wilhelmine Julie Schlaechter (1849-1907) whom he had a daughter, Alice (1887-1966). In Quebec, his career took off with the decoration of the church of Saint-Sauveur in the Lower Town of Quebec, in 1887. He then performs various controls for decoration of religious buildings but also for the Hotel du Parliament, which always found its sovereign Council and the debate on languages (1910-1913), two large historical paintings. He returned permanently in Quebec in 1898 and spent the last five years of his life in Sillery.
The production of Charles Huot is considerable in volume and in its diversity. It contains religious paintings and history, portraits, landscapes, genre of paintings, watercolors, charcoals, drawing in pen, etc.